The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 37 valoraciones

Lovely place, lovely staff

Valoración destacada de Indeed

La valoración de empresa más útil según Indeed
It is always beautiful to see your patient get better and go home well with proper discharge and referrals and much more to have an amazing team to do it with.A typical day can range from being calm to being very hard but knowing you are caring for people and making their life better is a big compensation. Management is good but can definitely be better and the workplace culture is commendable but can be built upon. Diversity and inclusion shouldn't only be talked about and written about it must be shown, with tangible proof and results.The hardest part of the job is losing a patient, followed by staff shortage.The most enjoyable part of the job is everything else, knowing that attitude and mindsets matter.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

I loved working at the pah Great team great management Happy to progress your career plenty Of opportunities working shifts to suit you training is fantastic

Caring and dynamic

Worst experience ever

No care for staff not valued no progression. Work hard while your seniors sit all day on what's app. Poor care bullying culture throughout hospital.ignored by seniors , and higher. Dont get I'll as frowned upon and punished for it. Discriminatory culture

Getting paid

Bullying
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Clinical Administration dept stressful due to very poor management

The Clinical Administration department provides the audio transcription of Consultant letters and the Medical Secretarial support. As a team they work incredibly hard to deliver an efficient service for patients and Consultants in often stressful and demanding situations. The success of the department is entirely due to the dedicated staff and the team spirit who support one another in this demanding environment. However the Manager is wholly unsupportive of the team, leads by fear and bullying and has created an unhealthy environment where staff feel undervalued and unappreciated for all their hard work. Staffing is being reduced but pressure to maintain targets and deadlines is burdened on remaining team members. staff morale is low with an oppressive environment entirely created by the Manager. Her poor performance at staff welfare and wellbeing should be seriously assessed and monitored as she is a poor advocate for Princess Alexandra Hospitals values and detrimental to all the people past, present and future who work in this department.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Great place to work, welcoming and supportive team

I joined PAH in January 2019 in HR. Since working here I have been welcomed warmly, built great relationships with the team and wards and have been given the training needed to perform my job well. There are great opportunities for progression and new ideas are always welcomed and listened to.

Flexible hours
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Valora una empresa en la que hayas trabajado recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Learning Opportunity

Good opportunity to learn end to end cycle of your job, as one person will be doing all the work in the place of two people. No work life balance, work flexibility one laptop for 10 staffs, no update IT systems, no work from home option. No stationery or proper desk provided for the employee, employees need to bring their own stationery to do the work. Information from the HR is misleading about the work.

Opportunity to learn

Desventajas

No work flexibility and no appropriate resource to complete the work
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Great experience and Place to work

Muti trauma centre with 21 operating rooms. Diverse specialities and great team to work with. Loved the people and experience gained. Rotated through all specialities and gained lots of experience.

Fun/ Eye opening/ Humbling

I was based on A and E. so everyday was different. General duties were taking patients to appointments/ scans. Keeping the environment and equipment (beds/bins/boxes/linen) clean tidy and in order. Management were approachable but always under phenomenal pressure. I have a lot of admiration for any team leader in PaH. I learned that being part of a massive team was tough, but rewarding when it all worked cohesively. The hardest part of the job was not being able to see to everyone's needs. Patient or staff because the workload was so vast. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and making their stay in our hospital feel as safe and caring as possible.

Social

Unsociable hours/ nights

SHO role

This was my first job in the UK, the hospital is a very busy general hospital. It was a good leaning ground leading on to my GP training program. Stressful but rewarding.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

It was a good place to work.But they used to send for floating alot around in different departments where i have never worked and there had been days where i was the only experienced staff among others , which became too challenging and i felt as if my PIN is being compromised despite of the fact that i am giving my best.

Good place to work.

Desventajas

Travelling was an issue, low staff

Unorganised

From the 1st day I was there they didnt seem to have a clear sense of direction and the department seemed messy. I was given vague work to do which in the end had not been approved in the budget.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

I didn't like my time there

very badly managed, low pay as a locum, no technician support on the ward, was doing all the ordering and covering 8 wards in the afternoon doing tots

not sure

low hourly rate

Ward assitsbt

This is a good job long g tiring hours bit rewarding at the same time it's fast pace within the hospital end ironing and also not for the weak hearted

Pension

Long tiring hours

Busy, but no flexibility

Start 7.30am, could be floating amongst wards, where employees who have worked there for years have their own ward. Learnt importance of cleanliness/spread of infections. Not able to get to know people due to floating wards. Management not approachable. Hardest part of job, working around doctors and nurses who just let things drop on the floor, forever picking up after them.. Enjoyable part, helping the patients and ensuring their area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness

good pension

no flexibility

Occupational Health Team

I loved working in Occupational Health at PAH. Great team, made me feel a part of them, I felt happy, boosted my confidence. Had a lot of work to do, great social life within the team also.

Great Team

productive

High and Low dusting, hoovering, damp dusting. I learnt how important hi spec cleaning was in a highly sensitive and populated building. the work place is multicultured with everyone working together as a team. for me there was no hard part of the job. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with others and also communicating with patients and visitors

subsidised lunches

no cons

pharmacy

horrible you would be scrutinised and penalised for every move and choice you would make, this job pushed me away thanks to a certain senior lady who made you feel like you lost your marbles. very dissapointed
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Challenging but excellent place to work

I work with the Cost Improvement Programme to support the Healthcare group to achieve the saving target agreed and to do this changes need to happen and services are reviewed to identify areas for improvement. When the analysis is done, discussed with teams and changes/improvements agreed then project plans and continuous support is provided to complete milestones/tasks to achieve changes planned; along this a continuous analysis is provided to measure improvement (PDSA) to embed and sustain changes to reduce costs and improve productivity. The Princess Alexandra Hospital has an open culture where ideas are listened and opportunities given to implement those ideas that are demonstrated to make a difference. Learning is part of the process and support is given to try new ways of working, which is the only way to know what works and get the new results we want to achieve. I enjoy everything I do, I take any challenge I am given or I identified and I work till the job is completed. NHS is going through a difficult financial position but this makes staff smarter and stronger in the way they work, who is passionate about getting things done has infinite opportunities to make the difference. I love my job but I am about to retire and looking for part time opportunities to keep providing my experience and enthusiasm in supporting organisations to achieve their goals.

Continuous learning

Desventajas

Distance to travel to work
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Good

Worked for only a few months producing a video - Staff were friendly and helped us nicely - However, they could sometimes not reply fast enough and not get in contact for weeks although we were creating a video for them - Therefore it is understandable.

Free Lunch

no support

being criticised about every judgement you make and being belittled, worst place to work if you want to be depressed than work here. how they treat locum staff is disgusting

Very educational

My experience at Princess Alexandra Hospital enabled me to learn a lot about the interactions in a medical environment and how a team of medics cooperates.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,3 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
  • Valoraciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué añadirías o cambiarías?