Medpace

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 180 valoraciones

Corporate Ignores Ongoing Issues

Valoración destacada de Indeed

La valoración de empresa más útil según Indeed
This place has a serious retention problem that corporate continues to overlook purposely. The turnover rate amongst different departments tells you all you need to know. They have no issue with letting their best workers go, only to fill them with fresh college graduates the next year, however, instead they could listen to their current employees grievances and pay the workers that are already here a livable wage and perhaps not overwork everyone until they burnout.SOPs are not properly defined leading to confusion and many of the “gifts/perks” are lackluster in nature, e.g., after a year of service you will receive a mug/duffle bag valued at <$40 with a generic letter thanking you for ruining your health for below-industry standard pay.It’s a great place to gain experience, however, aside from that, not a place you would want to stay.

N/a

Good first job to get into the industry right after college. Nice coworkers. Poor communication from management. Training is not great. No set training program.

Training is horrid

My training experience may be particular to my position—just as a disclaimer. I am growing increasingly frustrated with how messy my training period is. I am always willing to take initiative. As it stands, I haven’t once had an individual check-in with my supervisor after several weeks. The only people that have provided any training to me are other team members whom do not hold a management position. I try to stay in my own lane but it is difficult to become aware of what exactly is expected of me. I don’t need to be told when to eat and when to wipe my as*, if you will, but I am annoyed with this culture of the trainee having to go out of their way to figure out for themselves how to do their job when they’re completely green to this company’s proprietary way of doing things. The bottom line is that training could be more structured and efficient. Otherwise, I think this is a great company. It just seems that everyone’s too busy to help you help them.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Nice colleagues but stressful and repetitive work

Good way to gain experience in the industry. I found the initial training to be too short, was micromanaged and was often given too large a workload which was stressful. Was expected to do unpaid overtime. However work colleagues were a lot of fun and projects were interesting.

Average internship

Good experience for first corporate office job as an intern. Regulatory was not particularly interesting but the experience was good. Getting to know coworkers can be difficult.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Valora una empresa en la que hayas trabajado recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

it is okay place

It is a okay place for new grad, but it is not good enough for experienced worker. It is hard for them to retain the experienced worker. The benefits is bad.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

The system is very well structured, excellent management, Great culture

working at Medpace is great, people are very friendly and managers are caring about your career development and offers continuous support. they have their own training program which is comprehensive. They pay less though in comparison to other companies.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Productive workplace but often overwhelmed

Industry minimum pay with limited growth opportunities, there is no work life balance in many position however the work could be challenging sometimes.

Micromanagment

Medpace is fast growing and doing very well however, some senior directors need training how to prevent micromanagement and how to learn to trust new experienced members that join.Super stressful experince and the over time was expected but did not make a difference. The more you worked the more you got more work. I wish more training was given to managed to prevent toxicity. More should be done to respect employee mental health.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Excellent place to work with great people

I have been with the company many years and could not be happier! We have summer parties, beer carts, food trucks, free workout facility and more! Many positions offer Hybrid working now as well! I have seen many review here and some have been quite negative. All companies have a few issues so you will never find a PERFECT place to work. You have to take the good with the bad. For me, I think, our people are what make Medpace. My work is challenging and for those of us that have been here many years we understand work ethic. If you are not willing to work hard, then this is not the right place for you! Sure, turnover is higher here because of the type of work we do. It is a demanding job with industry competition! But, if you are looking for fulfilling work that gives you a sense of accomplishment and you like to be around great people, then Medpace is a great place to work!

Ventajas

Great people, summer parties, beer carts, food trucks, free workout facility and more!

Desventajas

Technology could be better, but is improving
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Entreprise avec des pratiques abusives

La charge de travail est trop importante le management se repose sur l'intimidation des employés.

Aucun

Charge de travail, Management

Unhealthy Workplace & Burnout

Cons: Rapid turnover, strained relationships between employees and department leadership, very low pay, low bonuses and annual raises, ineffective or negative communication is often used for feedback, and a culture of micromanagement.Also beware of advertised perks and on-campus amenities. Medpace has a very strict policy on documenting the tasks/work that they complete and how much time they take to complete them. Therefore, you really cannot enjoy all the promoted restaurants, the walking trail, the wellness rooms, etc. Because you have to account for that time taken away from your core work. They expect you to have a very small percentage dedicated to things that are outside of completing work (you even need to document time spent going to the restroom, it's ridiculous). If you take a break that is longer than ten minutes, you are expected to consider any extra time taken as paid time off, which would be taken from your vacation time, for example. Employees are told to stop talking while they're in the office, so it's a depressing environment. Employees sparingly look at each other or say hi in passing. Overall, employee moral seems low and everyone looks as if they are just waiting to get out. Pros: ... None, really. I would not recommend.

A good employer

Work-life balance is great. Great learning experience for those with little to no clinical trial experience. Could have higher compensation elsewhere. Overall, I enjoyed my time there.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Good work life balance- culture change when company went public

industry minimum pay with limited growth opportunities. Used to be free lunch. President if company is arrogant and you are just a number in this research mill.

Work life balance

Desventajas

President does not care about people….all about profit once company went public

Fine place to work

Job is high stress with employees assigned to many projects. Some managers are great, others not so much. Some highly professional and knowledgeable people. Worst part is non-compete and intellectual property clauses in contract.

Forcefully Shortened My Resignation

Don't bother handing in the required 30-day notice resignation letter. They shortened my resignation notice date by 30 days because I was not of "business need" to them any longer. You would think the 30-day notice would help protect both parties, Medpace and myself, but they don't care about their employees. No severance pay or pay out of those 30 days I gave notice for. They only gave me unused vacation hours. Overall, it was nice to have a job willing to train and give you experience fresh out of college. But expect low wages, high workload and no formal training. The office culture was not enjoyable. Everyone has their own little cliques and people constantly talk about other people behind their backs. The managers I was specifically assigned to were pretty helpful and gave me a lot of resources. But it's clear that they only cared about your work performance and not about you as a human being. The work from home process isn't great. There's no need to even be in the office (meetings and work are all online/on teams). You can only work from home 8 days a month if you've been employed there for 6 months. I did really enjoy the overall look of the office building/interior and the gym that was on campus.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

RUN, don't walk from this place!!

Medpace is a company that tricks naïve, recent college graduates into working for them for unfair wages and heavy workloads.They falsely describe job listings. The job claimed it was for patient recruitment, but our department did absolutely nothing with recruiting patients. Instead, we acted as a liaison for all other departments and just passed information along and never did any meaningful work. The whole position is a giant game of telephone. The management was very unprofessional and created a very toxic work environment. Management would promote collaboration, but condemn you for leaving your desk. The management could care less about retention because they believe all employees are replaceable. There wasn't a single person in my department who wasn't looking for a new job. Heavy workloads with no formal training process. I was put on 15+ research studies and expected to perform tasks I was never taught how to do. I only learned what to do from asking other coworkers who also informed they also were required to teach themselves. They do not have a logical work from home option. You have to work at the company for a year to be eligible to work from home, but then you are still only permitted to do so 2 days a week. All of the meetings and work is virtual and mostly done over Teams. There were weeks where I would never even talk to anyone in person, yet I was forced to come into the office every single day. The only good part about the company is the campus is nice. A lot of people are recent graduates so if you are in your 20s-30s you will be working with others -

Nice campus, friendly coworkers

Desventajas

short breaks, toxic work environment, unprofessional management, lack of training, unfair wages, heavy workloads
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

An organization that meets their customers needs by acknowledging their employees needs.

My time with MedPace has been short, and I’ve no regrets. The campus is beautiful, the way they focus on their employees is encouraging and management is stellar. It is a job that holds meaning and pride.

Ventajas

The campus is growing, gyms, soda, coffee, employee events, meaningful work, low stress, flex time is available as well as WFH options.

Desventajas

The health benefits can use some work, especially for older employees
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

High caseload, low pay, lack of training, lack of support, not a cohesive environment

The pay is low, hourly workers don’t get work from home, people talk poorly about you behind your back and management tells you to deal with it rather than operate the work place professionally, no one cares about you there, you don’t receive support throughout training or when you are new, micromanaging is an issue, just don’t sign on with this company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Repetitive/unrewarding work, insufficient support from management

Potentially a serviceable start to your career/opportunity to gain working experience. However, I would not recommend this position unless working for a CRO aligns with your long-term career aspirations and there are no better alternatives. I was assigned a lot of responsibility despite a lack of experience and didn't receive sufficient support from management. I also found the work to be extremely boring, repetitive and unrewarding. The other data coordinators are a lovely group of people who helped wherever they could. The London office is also extremely nice. Despite the pros, the toxic work environment of sink or swim drove me to resign.

Lovely colleagues, nice London office

Desventajas

Insufficient support from management, repetitive/unrewarding work
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

Start your career here, gain experience and move on quick

Good for initial training and then time to move on. Management favor employees over others and all decisions are made centrally in Cincinnati. People leave a lot and no communications are made. Updates from CEO are a awful and de-motivating

Ventajas

Good teams and offices are nice

Desventajas

No increases in pay and lack of flexibility
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Medpace. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general