Astex Servicios Lingüísticos, S.L
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y valoraciones
Valoración de un empleado de Astex Servicios Lingüísticos, S.L

Very unreliable company

2,0
22 diciembre 2016
Astex is definitely a very bad managed company. They have excellent clients, many of which are multinational finance and gas firms. Office workers go through the motions, and even though, there are exceptions, the overall climate is chaotic and tense. Head Managers often hire individuals who are not native english speakers, such as Russian or other caucasian people, and pretend they are British. Although they are one of the very few linguistic companies who provide their own curriculum, they lie about salaries too. I was promised a 1,500€ contract a month, and was downgraded to 1,200€ with no explanation. Others are hired by the hour, and promise 15€/hours, but classes only last 45 minutes with excessively long commutes and gaps between them. They did not hesitate to fire me as soon as a I got sick.
Puntuaciones por categoría
3,0Equilibrio vida personal/laboral
4,0Remuneración/Beneficios
1,0Estabilidad laboral/Facilidad de promoción
1,0Gerencia
2,0Cultura
Ventajas
Provide lesson plans and own curriculum, good salary
Desventajas
Very unreliable and unethical management
Valoraciones similares
1,0
15 septiembre 2020
Misma ubicación
English Language Teacher (Antiguo empleado) - In-company, so all around the city of Madrid.
I've been teaching English privately, in academies and companies for more than 20 years in Spain and the US. Moved to Madrid and was offered a job right away in Astex because of my CV, and I took it even though the pay was not competitive (and not enough to live off of in Madrid). If my experience is too long-winded, please skip to the end of this review which sums it up in one sentence.I would go to companies and teach executives with material I had to provide. Astex said I could photocopy anything from their library, so the students were not given any books or material. I was used to this from other low-rate academies, so no surprise there.The real surprise came when one by one my classes "ended" during the middle of the course. I would call Astex and they actively avoided any proper answer. They said more classes would come, but they never did, and finally I was without classes without having been notified that from their standpoint my services were no longer needed.That happens. No problem there.What WAS the problem was they never told me I was fired, and when I insisted, the time had elapsed to receive unemployment benefits. I was going to report them for questionable business practices, but stopped when I was made to realise the legal mountain I was up against.Think about that.I cannot recommend Astex at all as an employer because they are not transparent with their employees. These English brokers take advantage of English teachers and move them around like pawns. When I was working for them they made a mistake and sent me an Excel form to fill in which included - más...
They have clients.
Desventajas
Pay less than proper companies. Non-transparent. Can get the axe without telling you.
2,0
1 abril 2020
Gestor fornacion (Antiguo empleado) - Madrid, Madrid provincia
Se fomenta el presentismo en el que hay una inexistencia de beneficios sociales para el trabajado. Empresa pesetera que solo mira el dinero y no se preocupa por su plantilla. Demasiada gente medrioque en la direccion.
1,0
7 agosto 2019
Misma ubicación
English Second Language Instructor (Antiguo empleado) - Madrid, Madrid provincia
Terrible gestión y ambiete catótico en la oficina. La empresa carece totalmente de honestidad.
Ventajas
Salary under contract is good, and surprisingly they have very good clients.
Desventajas
Management is cocky and dishonest. The office is a continues fight among egos.