Appen
3,6 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y valoraciones

Valoraciones de Appen

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Mostrando las 597 valoraciones
Cultura laboral
Trabajas como consultor independiente, y te pagan por horas. Siempre me han pagado las horas que he trabajado, lo malo es que son pocas horas, pero está bien para ganar un dinero extra.
Cultura laboral
Support was lacking. Regularly had half an hour or honest work missing from paycheck because they system gives you a set amount of time to do tasks outside of it. Tasks that have to be done to do the job. That's if you can even get to a project to work in after studying for hours and taking tests for free.
Wfh
Everything else
Cultura laboral
I'm working at appen. I think it's good to work at home without any stress or management pressure. There are number of suitable work to do as according to your eligibility and interest.
Lunch free
Health care
Cultura laboral
Limited to your skill set. But I liked what I did. Training was pretty good. They do offer jobs when they become available. If they had something else I would train to do it.
Work from home. Decent pay
Desventajas
They don't take taxes out
Cultura laboral
Working at Appen as an independent contractor is great. You can handle your own schedule. However, the number of jobs available is very limited and it is very competitive. It takes more than a month to land a job.
Great work-life balance
Limited jobs, competitive environment
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?
Valora una empresa en la que hayas trabajado recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
mi hanno licenziato senza dare alcuna motivazione in piena emergenza covid nonostante punteggi eccellenti nei vari progetti.
salario/tempo speso
Desventajas
nessuna tutela. ti mandano a quel paese senza dire nulla.
Cultura laboral
I have done several projects with Appen with no issues at all.However, in my last project with them, I had to evaluate the "Online Purchase Experience" by buying several products that in the end, Appen reimburses all the costs (purchases cost) plus a fee for your work.I did this for 3 months, I received the reimbursements and the fees just in time and no issues at all. However for the August (2020) round, I haven´t be paid the total costs I have incurred, so at this point, Appen still has to pay me around US$300. The last communication that I had with Appen was in December (2020) where they recognize issues with the payment but so far, no solution has been provided. They don´t reply my emails and tickets anymore and that is why I have decided to publish my experience so people know that at any point and time Appen could just decide not to pay anymore.
Ventajas
Remote work, you can keep the goods you buy for yourself, Extra money with no effort.
Desventajas
At any time they can just decide not to pay you anymore and you will lose your money.
Cultura laboral
Great place to work if looking for part time hours and flexible schedule. Many projects to sign up for that are fun to do and would be helpful for entry level work.
Flexible
Independent contract
Cultura laboral
My experience is as follows: A considerable amount of time can be spent on reading the materials, duplicate emails, training yourself, preparing for sessions and administering your work for payment. None of this is paid. Appen also lose work and disqualify work without genuine reasons. So the work submitted may not get paid. If purchasing in a different currency, Appen will use a poor exchange rate whereby you will not be fully reimbursed.
Flexible working
Desventajas
Lack of confidence in being paid.
Cultura laboral
I worked with Appen part time and I like the pay rate and the flexibility as a social media evaluator. Projects are 20 to 30 hours per week. Good for stay at home parents.
flexible
not challenging
Cultura laboral
I want various projects at this job however it is not consistent over to for a few years now but it's not a full time job it's only a side money there are permanent positions you can get on projects but as for me I've only gotten temporary projects
Work at home
Desventajas
Never can talk to an actual person
Cultura laboral
I work with Appen for great consulting projects and the various tasks, which I find fulfilling and engaging. The work-life balance is the key feature of this role.
Cultura laboral
personnellement je n'ai pas effectué une tache sur le site encore mais je trouve un climat de travail convenable chez appen
Cultura laboral
I love that I get to pick my assignments and work them. I get paid on time and I love working here. I been with this company for 6 years. I take the quizzes to qualify for the assignments that I want to work, wait for approval and then I begin working.
Work at your own pace
Desventajas
Not a full time job, just extra money
Cultura laboral
Pretty good place to earn extra money but not as a main job. Independent contract work means flexibility but no benefits and no job security. Would recommend to people who want a few extra hundred bucks per month for minimal work.
Cultura laboral
Great flexibility but not enough projects. Some project can be tedious. Need more higher pay projects. No team work and most projects and done individually, which can be good and bad.
Cultura laboral
It is good side work/contract work, but there is no real management in place for Social Media Evaluators. The project availability also fluctuates heavily. You may gain access to a great project only for it to end without warning.
Ventajas
Wfh, remote, decent pay for most projects
uncertainty on projects, stability
Cultura laboral
Great side job to earn a little money. Very flexible as long as you get your hours done for the week. Also sometimes there may not be things to rate, so your hours may be low for the week, but you won’t get penalized for not meeting your required hours for the week. Also sometimes there is a surplus of things to rate so you can work extra hours if you want. Does get a bit boring though.
Flexibility
Pay
Cultura laboral
Low pay is my biggest complaint. If you want a PT job and not concerned about money, then it's OK. I learned some, basically how social media evaluates information for truthfulness.
Flexible
Desventajas
Unknown management, foreign company (Australia), low pay
Cultura laboral
Appen is a YMMV job. One person may hate it another may love it. It's all about how much work you put into it. Personally I enjoy it. It's a low stress job that I am able to do from home for extra money. It pays decent for my location and tasks have been available frequently.
Work From Home
Desventajas
Qualification Test is Tedious and Hard.
Cultura laboral
be prepared to sign up for a ton of tasks, wait weeks for approval, then get paid pennies on the dollar for each taskif you're motivated, then you MIGHT break minimum wage when all is said and done
work hours you want