Amazon.com
3,6 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y valoraciones

Valoraciones de Amazon.com en Seattle, WA

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se han encontrado 1606 valoraciones de empresa con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 68.804 valoraciones
Cultura laboral
I think this is one of the best companies you can work for.
Cultura laboral
Excellent pay, benifits, room to learn and grow. Lots of tools to get the job done. Goals to meet. Leadership available to you. They provide computer. You provide internet.
Ventajas
Pay, Benifts, Leadership available, Tools to do the job and great paid trainning, tools to self manage schedule, bonus
Desventajas
Hard to be converted as seasonal even when successful
Cultura laboral
You constantly are getting yelled at by irate customers, Training is inadequate and when you ask for help they do not like it and it goes against your metrics. No trust in their employees to make decisions. No recognition from upper management for working hard and having great metrics. You are just a number.
Pto, Working from home
Management, No job security, Constant irate customers, Unfair metric system
Cultura laboral
Loved working there. There were stressful moments, but I always found my way through any situation that arises. Recently, I was moved to another dept., with that came a schedule change that I didn’t like. I was hired on as seasonal, but sadly that came to an end.
Ventajas
Paid well, loved my teammates
Desventajas
Unexpected schedule change, can be highly stressful
Cultura laboral
Good working culture which provides a growing environment. Work is always a lot, so it is upto a person to either pick it up or take up less work and choose a better work life balance
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?
Valora una empresa en la que hayas trabajado recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
You’ve to work very hard but it’s worth it. The base salary is low but the rsu and sign in bonus pretty good. The balance between personal and professional life isnt the best but now most of employees are working from home.
Ventajas
Good salary, high growth organization
Desventajas
A lot of work, not good for personal life
Cultura laboral
They only care about pushing products for their customers, not their employees. It's a very bad company to work for, I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply, and work there at all. I know during this COVID times, it might seem hard to get a job, but trust me there are far much better companies out there to work for.
Cultura laboral
Great managers. You can always get help and tech support when needed. They move you around and change your manager without warning. Shift bids often.
Ventajas
Great managers, great benefits, good pay
Desventajas
Shift bids, metrics, change of department without you knowing it
Cultura laboral
OK job working from home if you can deal with customers. Customers are given a survey after calling asking if you solved their problem, if they answer no it counts against you. Some customers will call trying to get free stuff or to get something against policy, so it's impossible to keep everyone happy.
Cultura laboral
The customers here are diff. breed. This job is overly stressful and tool on my mental. Amazon makes sudden changes without compensation, for example, I was switched departments without being asked and was forced into a much harder department that made work life even more stressful. We were not compensated, we took on more task and was still at the original pay. They took away covid pay but the flow of incoming calls/chats were still overbearing. Mangers were demoted after being told they would be promoted and they cut us lose although they said we would be converted with good reports (which we all had) , but once our managers were demoted, they let us go right before the holidays. My team and manager is what encouraged me to stay depsite the fact that I got cursed out all day everyday by customers for just doing my job.
Mangement
Pay, Communication, Stressful
Cultura laboral
Working there was a waking nightmare. Regularly put in 100 hour weeks, and the culture there is very combative. You will spend more time proving why something works and having your solutions torn down in front of you than actually doing your work. Then when you miss deadlines because of these tear-down sessions, you will have to write formal documents describing in detail what went wrong and that you promise not to do them again. Typically, I was in meetings trying to defend my solutions for 30+ hours per week, another 25 to write up the documents describing why I was late to deliver and another 40-50 hours to actually work on the solution build.
Absolutely none
Desventajas
No work life balance, horrible hours and combative environment.
Cultura laboral
No work life balance. Good for singles and type A personality people. Too much pressure of work. Team mates have to review each other. Constant struggle. It’s not sustainable environment for most people.
Cultura laboral
Organization and communication can be a challenge to maneuver around Hours can become a challenge when managing a hectic schedule Having to be available for any shift in order to move up in
Cultura laboral
Great job here for the cultural great pay cares about people life’s one hour breaks two 15 mins breaks also keeps everyone updated with the real world also participated in holidays they notice their employees ❤️
Cultura laboral
Great culture and good pay for a work from home job! They make you feel included! Many opportunities to train in different departments. They want you to succeed. Opportunities for overtime or time off
Ventajas
Family work life balance, good pay, decent breaks
Ever changing policies
Cultura laboral
As a whole the team is very cliquey we have our front end devs, our backend devs, our web devs, and our management, then there is us the contractors. The FTE's mostly get along with each other, and aren't mean to us( most of the time), but there is this divide between us and them. We are the QA department, the only FTE with us is not around much and is now full time remote. While we are all remote for the pandemic we will be expected to be in the office again at some point, and I don't know how that will go for us. QA is currently looked upon as what feels like a thorn in everyone's side out to get them, we are not included in most events and meetings because we are contractors, so we are always behind and get told off for it, and really if we were FTE's i'm not sure we would really be included anyway as the only people that seems to want to communicate with us at all are the managers that want to know how long until we will finish a test pass so they can release(without though of there being blocking issues, we have had a situation where we were blamed for a "late release" when literally the build was broken and we reported it as soon as we got it) I don't feel like a part of the team as a whole and barely feel part of the QA team as my individual performance is constantly called into question, meanwhile I'm doing my job(all my tasks get done) and fulfilling the role of an SDET and building tools to improve our ability to test certain unique aspects of the software we are testing. We have metrics based on the number of bugs we write, which sounds fine on the surface, we are - más...
Ventajas
Great office, Remote work during pandemic, people are nice if they don't know you are in QA, People are nice to you if they don't know you are a contractor
Desventajas
Acceptance is only on the surface, oh you aren't an FTE, Metric driven QA inspires the waste everyone else's time, I am paid the same as people doing less than 1/8 the work with 10x more responsibility
Cultura laboral
Amazon is a great place to work but a hard place to get promoted. Everyone is friendly and open to talking to you and the culture is great. Work life balance is ok but you have to make sure to plan things out accordingly and set boundaries with your team/manager.
Cultura laboral
Good for Career growth. Have to put in some hard work to get good results. Will have good learning opportunities provided we are open to learn. Can be a good spring board.
Cultura laboral
When coming from another state Amazon culture was learned right away! Most importantly it’s very important to ensure you are up front about how you learn. Bringing this up can help your manager understand how you work well! While there is a large amount of employed under someone they don’t always have the time for you! Some people said they have had a few meetings within 6 months! Meet your manager weekly is important to ensure you are on the same page, especially during covid! Some managers are not meant to manager! We call “skills” super powers, if your not using all of yours you should probably think about informational with teams that might fill those super powers! The compensation is great, holidays and PTO is really important and all my managers have always been OK with me using it! As long as the work is being taken care of! Sometimes I have to log on for a few hours during the holiday for an easier week coming back and ensure nothing urgent needs attention! I will stay with Amazon and join other teams to shine and develops the skills as I’m always eager and cautious to keep learning!
Ventajas
Pay, health benefits, the stock options
Desventajas
Management, cope rate environment, and internal tools, and chime
Cultura laboral
Good launching pad for your career. Of course you get bragging rights having worked here. Everything else pales in comparison but you’ll have your sanity.
Cultura laboral
I would not recommend working at Amazon. It has a bad culture top to bottom. Managers are terrible and unsupportive. There are a lot of things to learn technically. Just learn and quit.