Amazon.com
3,6 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y valoraciones

Valoraciones de Amazon.com en Herndon, VA

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se han encontrado 28 valoraciones de empresa con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 68.536 valoraciones
Cultura laboral
The first couple of weeks are very difficult if you are not a fast learner you will not last. There expecting a lot so have big shoes that you must fill or they will cut you
Benefits full time employees
Desventajas
Short breaks, long periods of standing
Cultura laboral
A nice place to learn and work. Friendly colleague also. Please understand that Amazon Earn this NO.1 marketing by hard working. Please hard work if you are in because you will not improve if you cant catch up.
Cultura laboral
AWS is one of the best place I have in my life. AWS gives employee the opportunity to learn and advance their career. AWS pride itself on excellent customer support and commitment to customer satisfaction.
Cultura laboral
I have worked for Amazon on two separate occasions/positions (during peaks) and I love it every time. It's flexible. They have great pay. They want you to succeed. They are helpful, diverse, and nonjudgmental. I am never micromanaged and yet they are available when I need help. I love it because I like working independently, but with support in place.
Cultura laboral
I am a contractor so I found out that to become a full time employee still requires 5 interviews. You work very hard long hours but the pay is reasonable. The experience is very good but definitely high stress.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?
Valora una empresa en la que hayas trabajado recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
come queue tickets while also watching for sev2 and prioritizing those first only allowed to work 1hr on tickets anything more need approvel, workplace culture is fend for yourself, no teamwork, all they care about as dco tech is your resolves, numbers is all they care about, the only enjoyable part was the first 6 months when it was new and interesting afterwards its allot of depression and repetition, most of the work you do and what they say is counter productive so it feels like you accomplished nothing. and surprise get ready to feel and do this every week, other blue badges have also expressed fear, stress, and depression
Cultura laboral
Having Amazon on your resume will do wonders for your career but they know that and count it as part of your compensation. You'll learn a lot but since it's almost all proprietary technology, it won't translate well in other companies. If you can last for 2 years here, you'll never be short of opportunities.
Cultura laboral
I was able to move up the ladder at Amazon after performing a grueling amount of work. In hindsight, it may not have been worth it. I now have a very marketable position on my resume, but they also took a lot from me. The downfall, however, has been a serious toll on my mental and physical health. Amazon does more with less, and will run you dry. I just want a job, any job, where the management and requirements are reasonable. Pros: vertical mobility exists more so than other companies. Cons: you will be pulling you hair out because management makes illogical decisions, Amazon runs on a "more with less" mentality (like 90% less than what it should be in my opinion, making for quite the hair-pulling experience), and you will get paged on your trip to the beach. The culture is open, but it also incites giving away your personal time, life, and freedom. When they low-balled me for my new position after organizing a hugely successful event and coming in top 10 in the company, I uploaded my resume and decided enough was enough. Amazon is great in the short-term, but deplorable in the long-term. Pay your employees what they're worth and let them breathe. No wonder their turn around rate is terrible.
Cultura laboral
Good working environment and the management is also very supportive and all the co workers are also very supportive and all play and work as a team and the good place.
Cultura laboral
Management is lacking. It is all about who they like and who sucks up and not about performance. People get promoted because they suck up and not those who deserve it.
Cultura laboral
I loved my time at Amazon. Nothing but positive things to say about the overall company. Each department has its pluses and minuses but overall the best company I've ever worked for.
Cultura laboral
polite and working on time every working 6 am no time for clock out just delieveries more tha 150 packages in 8 hours or more starting 6 am and driver from park to warehouse amazone and pick up boxes for deliveries
Cultura laboral
Its a great place for everybody, however, the Comp is not great. Total Comp is based on RSU and Income. Again, all amazon services and systems are proprietary and does not allow for a much indepthed skill set with a certificate other than Amazon certs.
Cultura laboral
Great benefits, no advancement opportunity, depending on your manager/department. Definitely alot of flexibility, and great benefits, but if you are a person that works well with structure, this is not the place.
Cultura laboral
I have never worked for a company that had so many issues. Very political and cutthroat, your judged not by performance but by who high up you buddy up with. Not a good place to collaborate, engage and enjoy the work experience. Interview process is a joke. Over 50% of technical employees leave after 2 years , due to extreme stress and non existent work/life balance. If your looking to get your first engineering or development job, good place to start and put on your resume...and then go find a company that actually cares about their employees Sad, because technically they are working on exciting things , but the work environment and the burnout factor makes this a job for entry level technical people , anyone else ..should look elsewhere....unless you enjoy a highly political and dysfunctional environment
Ventajas
Only thing I could think of is the technology you could potentially work on
Desventajas
Where to start......work environment, management, discrimination rampant, FTE pay, your future there
Cultura laboral
Greet guests, catering assistance, package delivery assistance, data entry, correspondence prep, trouble ticket submission/approval, order office supplies
Ventajas
stress free environment, no dress code, nice people, job security
Cultura laboral
Amazon, the company is a great place for a regular employee, but as an apprentice, your options are limited. The technology is cutting edge, but as an apprentice, you will have to wait an unreasonable amount of time to convert to a regular employee, even if you are competent in your job.
excellent benefits
Desventajas
lack of structure and consistency cause mixed messages
Cultura laboral
Working with this company has taught me a lot not just about the workplace but also other cultures. I feel like at RIC2 management can do a lot better helping associates other than being very unprofessional to associates.
Cultura laboral
Amazon is a good place to work and gain plenty of experience due to the fast pace environment. A typical day at Amazon is not certain because of the fast pace unplanned events do happen that required an immediate attention. Management is very good at focusing on customer obsession and sometimes forget the employees
Shares, stocks
Desventajas
Promotion to the next level is not certain
Cultura laboral
Fast-paced environment yet very political management structure. Hard workers get left behind. Career advancement is a toss up depending on your manager.
Cultura laboral
I did not work there long enough to really give a great picture of what to expect. I enjoyed my time there and it's probably different now. It would be better to ask someone that's worked there more recently.