Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y valoraciones

Valoraciones de Order Picker en ALDI

Título del empleo
Order Picker369 valoraciones
Ubicación
Todo
Se han encontrado 369 valoraciones de empresa con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 7193 valoraciones
Cultura laboral
I’ve learned a lot of patience and neatness being at
Aldi. The workplace culture is pretty much diverse. The hardest part about the job is the freezer and holiday orders. Management could be better.
Pros
Chic-fil-a, safety bonus
Short breaks, freezer
Cultura laboral
Discipline in all arias of workplace . Support for a new starters in all arias of workplace. Employees are professional highly trained a specially managers team leaders deputies employees in offices and warehouses operatives are highly disciplined.
Pros
Trustworthy
N/A
Cultura laboral
Some people in the warehouse are really nice. Others are the complete opposite. Management doesn’t always realize some people’s abilities are different than others therefore not everyone is capable to work at the same pace as everyone else.
Pros
Pay
Cultura laboral
Loved the people I worked with. The work was fast made day go by quick. Some of management was horrible. The management that actually worked their way up were understanding. They brought some straight in though and they were jerks.
Pros
Pay benefits
Sometimes long days
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?
Valora una empresa en la que hayas trabajado recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Management seems to get lost in unimportant details and overlook good work ethic and dedication. There are not many opportunities to move up. It is a physically demanding job, and takes several years to gain seniority to move to an other less physical position. Raises are based on seniority, not merit.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Contras
No I’m to move up. The harder you work, the more work you do.
Cultura laboral
Pays decent, don’t get the hours though, they changed 25 hours to 30 hours to keep insurance and they have now hired more people. I’m already barely getting 30!
Pros
Pay
Management, benefits, unfair
Cultura laboral
I've never had a job like this one. It's interesting not knowing when you're going to be off, and having to guess all day. The job is physically straining, on your back especially. I find it to be mentally straining as well, feels like the day is never going to end, usually leave work in a bad mood. There is a cold and dry side, as well as a freezer. Freezer is awful. Cooler is not much better, but can be gotten used to. Dry side is very hot in the summer, based on outside temperature.

My location has decent management, they've taken the time to train me and talk to me etc. Don't bring up rate much either. They will work you for 8-10 hour shifts out of the blue and not bat an eye though. There is no warning for days like this, it's better to have no expectations in mind. In my opinion, this shouldn't be a job with a typical 8 hour work day as picking is very strenuous on the body. Pain starts to set in around 6 hours.

Overall, I dread the time I'm there, but its good money for what it is.
Pros
On your feet, driving tugger, lax management
One 30 minute break, unpredictable hours and tasks
Cultura laboral
If you have been made redundant or are currently unemployed. Aldi is a sensible option to fill the void whilst you keep looking. I should be clear at this point, I was working at the RDC by Donington in Leicestershire.
You’ll start your shift at 5am and you’ll ask friends and colleagues if they’ve heard what time you’re likely to finish, because the length of your day is determined by the amount of stuff that needs picking coupled with the number of people on shift as it fluctuates from day to day. Whilst many days finish at around 1pm (as they should) I have worked as many as 11 hours with no overtime provision, just the same hourly rate as would otherwise be received in the first 8 hours. What’s more I had heard that prior to my arrival at the height of the coronavirus pandemic, shifts where a minimum of 12 hours each day!

It is a job which sees new recruits come and go daily due in part to the way adults are treated very much as children here. Line managers and floor managers will eventually become people you will avoid talking to as they ask you to stay behind to help with menial tasks at the end of the shift and on occasion you’ll be given “blue days” whereby you will be required to stay without option.

This is not a nice place to come on a daily basis. There are far too many rules and management try to stamp out any kind of social culture by governing break times with a litany of rules, currently in part due to social distancing which is completely ignored by them in the warehouse. It is again, another case of them treating you like a child.
Pros
Free bananas
Contras
Ridiculous start times, uncertain shift length, unpleasant management
Cultura laboral
The job is decently difficult on the body, good people. In terms of moving up the ladder you're looking at at least 5 years of working there. Good wage, but only if you're willing to work. The heaviest we lift is 15KG, which doesnt sound much but all night does start to ache.
Pros
Good wage
Very, very strict
Cultura laboral
fast paced on the order picking.

Meet targets and more hours can be attained.

Can be stressfull.

Short hours and very demanding.

Variety of different roles.

Good pay if you can get the full hours.

very competitive.
Cultura laboral
awful experience at RDC Sheppey. Said they was going to train me for picking.Never did.Never knew where I was going to be apart from sweeping the whole of the factory by myself.Messed about with my wages not signing me in/out (H&S issue??).Treated differently if from agency.Wank management.Back breaking.Dont leave you alone to do your job.Work like a slave.Terrible
Pros
Pay
Contras
Management, back breaking, being agency
Cultura laboral
The hourly pay is good but hours are never consistent. It was almost impossible to hit 30-40 hours a week. Averaged about 800-1000 every two weeks. You never know what time you are off. You could come in and work 4 hours or 12 so its so hard to make plans or appointments. A job making 14-15 is the same money if working full time. Had terrible body aches and back problems. They expect you to be able to pick 220 cases an hour which is impossible to do without tearing your body up. If you can not hit a consistent rate, management will constantly come up to you and make you feel bad. They also tell other employees what your rate is and they will also make you feel bad. the management here is a joke. They are so poorly organized, lazy, and worried about the wrong things. They pressure you here to the point you are stressed out to even come in. Even if you are a good employee and reliable they do not care about you unless you pick rate. Benefits to this job are good. Also some nice co-workers. Cooler side also works in the freezer every other day with no extra pay for that. The freezer is terrible and employees dread it. They will put you in the freezer multiple days in a row and not care.
Pros
paid time off, benefits
Contras
short breaks, hard labor, poor management, inconsistent hours
Cultura laboral
I had a great experience working as a temp for aldi laid back place the staff was helpful when needed everyone was friendly would go out of there way if you were faced with a problem
Pros
Great pay
Tough physical work
Cultura laboral
The one thing I disliked is your day is based of the order numbers you received for the day. With that , you don’t know when you’re getting off work ... so you can’t make plans.
Cultura laboral
The pick rates can be high in some areas. You are expected to always be above. Not a good place to work if you are prone to bad backs.

They say how caring they are as a company then make you to work 11+ hours when it's busy and that can go on months. It takes them weeks to bring in more people.

The chiller was the worse area because the artifical cold feels horrible and you are breathing it in for 8 hours. It doesn't bother some and the ones it does they think are trouble makers.

Small warehouse that should have been designed better or at least built bigger. So made choke points with powered machines. It is WAY too crowded on day shift.

Interviews are a massive chore. Even through an agency they have 3 visits!! walk around, work trial (unpaid) and an interview but heard the work trial is now just observing.

You work 3 or 4 on with 1 or 2 off so expect to miss out on many weekends.

FAR too many people in charge.

In a normal day you get one 30 minute break.
Pros
Pay is good if you aren't on days. Paid lunch.
Contras
Can eat into your free time. Rota
Cultura laboral
Great place to work while in school. Everyone is nice. Company is amazing. 401k and insurance are great too. Management got a bit out of hand after a year but overall my experience was okay.
Cultura laboral
You will work hard if you wish to remain there.

Easy going staff.

Good place to work. Free canteen fruit, subsidised drink and crisps.

Nice training staff.
Cultura laboral
overall not a bad place to work and decent rate of pay obviously you have a pick rate to hit but full training is given. Fair management and friendly staff only real downside is the uncertainty of your hours.
Pros
Rate of pay
Uncertain hours
Cultura laboral
Honestly the Management at Aldi's Warehouse is absolutely awful! They do NOT treat you like humans. I felt like I was always a prisoner in Alcatraz. I would not work here unless you like being harassed by all of the management.
1,0
Cultura laboral
Pay was okay, fellow employees were fine. Management was 100% corrupt and they didn't care about their employees at all. People were hired and fired and very easily replaceable. Hours changed all the time with no warning whatsoever. Don't recommend.
Cultura laboral
Poor level of management, unethical approach to promotion n hiring.

Not diverse in terms of management,employees. More of a tick box as individuals are not evaluated based on merit but rather favoritism etc

Selectors are overly worked, misleading working hours even thou you are contreacted 230. Ypubare expected to work 180 or 200 a month. Untill late in the morning. Unhealthy and not a good balance for individuals with family or social life.